Collier's Balmoral Chicken
Balmoral Chicken is a tasty way to serve up haggis but this version adds our powerful cheddar for an extra dimension
Write a review
- 100g Collier's Powerful Red Scottish Cheddar
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 150g haggis
- 16 rashers smoked streaky bacon
- 4 tablespoons whisky
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven at 160ºC and grease an oven proof dish
- Mix together the haggis, cheddar cheese and whiskey in a bowl. Add seasoning and divide into four. Roll each to form a sausage.
- Butterfly and flatten the chicken breasts.
- Place the flattened chicken breast on 4 rashers of bacon and place the cheesy haggis sausages on the edge of the chicken breast. Carefully roll the bacon, chicken and sausage to form a parcel. This can be secured with a cocktail stick or kitchen string. Place in the greased dish and repeat for the remaining parcels. Cover all four prepared parcels with tin foil.
- Bake the parcels in the oven for 35 minutes having removed the tinfoil 10 minutes from the end to allow the bacon to brown.
- Once remove from the oven leave to stand for a further 5 minutes.
Collier's Scotland http://colliersscotland.com/